For years riders have had to sacrifice carrying the weight of a coil shock in order to get the performance and consistency they desired. The DBcoil [IL] is the first ever twin-tube inline shock that packs in all of the function of a piggyback coil shock in a lighter (*333g difference) and sleeker package. Equipped with a VALT** lightweight spring, Climb Switch technology, 4-way adjustability and unparalleled Double Barrel performance, the DBcoil [IL] dominates aggressive descents with superior small bump compliance, heat dissipation and linear spring action.
* (216×63) DBCOIL [IL] with VALT as compared to a DBCoil CS with a standard spring
** A spring is required for this shock
DOUBLE BARREL TWIN TUBE TECHNOLOGY
Exclusive Twin Tube Technology circulates oil continuously through the damping valving to achieve highly controllable, independent damping for both compression and rebound strokes. This unique design moves oil through externally adjustable valving instead of the main piston, allowing for superior tunability and eliminating the need for internal valving changes to achieve proper shock setup.
CLIMBING SWITCH TECHNOLOGY
CS is the most innovative climbing feature available. This proprietary climbing feature (patent-pending) for Double Barrel shocks alters the entire low frequency dynamic response of the shock to specifically address the demands of ascending on a bicycle.
~285 grams (weight varies by size)
- Twin-tube independent compression and rebound in two high-speed and four low-speed damping circuits
- 4-way independent adjustment:
- High speed compression
- Low speed compression
- High speed rebound
- Low speed rebound
- Spring preload Climb Switch On/off
- Induction-hardened 4130 steel
- Anodized and laser-etched
- High performance low friction bushing 1/2" Universal Axle